Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Traiso commission

This one's been pretty fun. I love motorcycles, and I definitely need more practice drawing machines and man-made structures.

First I set up a perspective grid, something I've never actually done before. I will do so from now on; it's had a huge impact, especially when drawing buildings. The motorcycle is just blocked in at this point, but I realized too late that I was drawing it from the wrong angle.




I started going over the parts using a more detailed photo reference, fixing the angles and working on rendering.



Here's the finished underpainting for the character and the motorcycle. I was dumb and painted everything on one layer, so I duplicated that layer and erased the background from the top. This is with the background layer turned off.


Started adding colours and textures, and working up the background.





And here's the finished piece. I buckled down and told myself I'd finish it tonight so I could move on to other stuff, so I spent about six hours sitting and painting. My back and wrist are killing me, lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers